On Monday, August 2, Deputy President William Ruto was barred from leaving the country and flying to Uganda via Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
Ruto was halted by the security team at JKIA and requested clearance from Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua, according to the DP’s spokesperson, David Mugonyi.
His entourage, which included Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro, was allowed to fly to Entebbe International Airport on a commercial jet.
- DJ VINCEY SWAHILI | TANZANIA AMAPIANO MIX 2023 | BONGO MIX 2023 DIAMOND, JUX, HARMONIZE, ALIKIBA, MARIOO, MBOSSO, CHINO KIDD
- Why Fair Crash is the best Burst game in Kenya 2023 to Make You Real Money. (Download Fair Crash App)
- DJ VINCEY AMAPIANO LIVE MIX (2023) AT CLUB THE BREEZE LIKONI
- VIDEO: Best Of Prince Indah Puonj Mar Dak Album Mix 2023 (DJ Vincey Live Mix) Download
- Download Pesa Crash Latest Android app (apk 2023)
Denis Itumbi, a DP colleague and digital strategist, said that the need was suspicious because the Deputy President had never been compelled to obtain authorization since taking office in 2013.
Itumbi went on to say that the trip was personal and had nothing to do with his professional responsibilities.
When leaving the country, senior civil workers are officially required to obtain travel clearance, though it is unclear if the DP is subject to this obligation.
Minutes thereafter, the DP took to Twitter to offer his thoughts on the situation, ostensibly in retaliation.
He tweeted, “Everything’s fine..leave let’s it to God.”
According to sources, the DP spent a few hours at the airport trying to get his travel documents verified before giving up.