Maendeleo On Sunday, May 8, Chap Chap leader Alfred Mutua signed an agreement to join William Ruto’s Kenya Kwanza Alliance. Mutua said on Monday that Ruto is a good leader who will improve Kenyans’ lives if he wins the presidency. Mutua accused Raila Odinga’s Azimio La Umoja One Kenya Alliance of blackmailing the parties he considered minor.
In his speech, the Machakos boss retracted his earlier remarks towards the DP, now saying he was a good leader capable of improving the lives of Kenyans once he clinches the top seat.
“I already have an agreement copy with Kenya Kwanza unlike that for Azimio. I will transverse Kenya campaigning for William Ruto as I believe he is the best president to take Kenya forward,” he added.
- BREAKING: Kalonzo Musyoka announces Andrew ole Sunkuli as his presidential running mate.
- BREAKING: Deputy President, William Ruto announces Rigathi Gachagua as his running mate in the presidential election.
- Kithure Kindiki and Mathira MP Rigathi Gachagua walk away from Deputy President William Ruto’s Karen residence Amid Running Mate Standoff.
- Monny Muthoni, Lady commits suicide moments after sharing heartbreaking posts on Facebook.
- Ferdinand Omanyala’s response after Huddah Monroe revealed she is crushing on him.
When asked why he had decided to break ties with Azimio, Mutua accused the Raila-led outfit of blackmailing the perceived minor parties. He claimed that the smaller Azimio constituent political parties had been excluded from key decisions in the organization, programming, and even access to funds.
The second-term governor also expressed disappointment that he had been denied access to the agreement that formed the Azimio coalition. This is in contrast to the one he signed with Kenya Kwanza on Sunday evening, May 8, which is already in his possession.